Spring Equinox Beer Festival
We are delighted to announce that our Spring Equinox beer and cider festival returns in March 2022, at the Drill Hall in Horsham on March 18th and 19th.
Tickets can be bought online via the following link https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/218319157477 or from various local pubs as per the poster below.
Please note that we will be re-using existing stocks of glasses this year, rather than producing a new festival glass. Also restrictions may apply to the free pint available to CAMRA members at the event on presentation of their membership card.
If you would like any further information, please email the festival organiser at email@example.com
We hope to see you at the Drill Hall in March
Spring Equinox 2022 Tasting Notes Draft as at 11.3.22
1. Chapeau – Breakaway 6% Horsham, LocAle A well rounded brown porter with a smoky finish. Allergens: Gluten from barley
2. Chiltern – Chiltern Black 3.9% Aylesbury A beautifully hopped porter with treacle tones and a chocolaty aroma. Vegan. Allergens: Gluten from barley and wheat
3. Firebird – Old 4.5% Rudgwick, LocAle Dark and full of chocolatey, malty, character. Smooth and with a lingering, subtle bitterness. A Sussex classic. Allergens: contains gluten.
4. Five Points – Railway Porter 4.8% Hackney Downs A rich take on the traditional London Porter. Brewed with East Kent Goldings, the Railway Porter is laden with aromas and flavours of roasted coffee, bitter chocolate and dark toffee. Allergens: Gluten from barley.
5. Good Chemistry –Storms Pass 4.3% Bristol Taking inspiration from historic recipes, this winter Brown Ale in cask is brewed in open-top fermenters and hopped with Bramling Cross. Vegan. Allergens: Gluten from wheat and barley.
6. Hand Brew – Tamper Man Cold Brew Porter 5.2% Worthing LocAle With added cold brewed coffee from their local coffee shop, Twin Pines, this beer is all about the coffee and caramel sweetness we love in Porters. Allergens: To be advised
7. Hop Back – Entire Stout 4.5% Wiltshire A rich dark stout with a strong roasted malt flavour and long smooth aftertaste. Vegan. Allergens: Gluten from barley, oats and wheat
8. Hop Back – Winter Lightning 5.5% Wiltshire A lightly spiced winter warmer chestnut brown ale. Allergens: Gluten from wheat and barley
9. Horsham – Sedgwick 6.2% Horsham LocAle A rich full bodied chocolate stout with notes of coffee and cocoa. Vegan. Allergens: Gluten and chocolate. Sponsored by the Engine Room in East Grinstead
10. Iron Pier – Cast Iron Stout 4.7% Gravesend Rich chocolate and coffee notes with a hint of toffee popcorn and a smooth slightly bitter finish. Allergens: Gluten from barley, oats and wheat
11. Kissingate – Powder Blue 5.5% Lower Beeding LocAle This blueberry porter has a full bodied dark roasted backbone with subtle blueberry and raisin notes and a gentle bitterness. Vegan. Allergen: Gluten from wheat and barley.
12. New Bristol – Cinder Toffee Stout 4% Bristol Described as liquidised Crunchie Bars in a stout, created by adding blow-torched honeycomb to the brew. Vegan. Allergens: Gluten from barley, oats and wheat
13. Pig & Porter – Trotty Veck 5% Tunbridge Wells A smooth, coffee, chocolate porter with a hint of liquorice. Allergens: Gluten from barley.
14. Thames Side – Cormorant Stout 4.2% Staines Traditional dry stout, with roasted malt flavours and a lingering bitter finish Allergens: Gluten from wheat and barley.
15. Thames Side – Ruby Brewsday 4.2% Staines Rich and malty dark ruby mild, with a light hoppy bitterness and chocolate notes on the finish. Allergens: Gluten from wheat and barley.
16. Thurston – Milk Stout 4.5% Woking A traditional milk stout; dark, creamy and full bodied with chocolate and coffee notes. Allergens: Lactose and Gluten
17. Unbarred & Fallen Acorn – Wee Heavy 6.8% Brighton, LocAle A malt-forward Scottish style beer, with heather and honey added to build layers of flavour and a soft, clean mouthfeel. Allergens: Gluten from wheat and barley.
20. 360 Degrees – Azacca Pale 4.8% Sheffield Park, LocAle A New England style hazy pale showcasing the Azacca hop giving ripe papaya and juicy mango flavours. Vegan. Allergens: Gluten from barley, oats and wheat
21. 360 Degrees – Bluebell 4.3% Sheffield Park, LocAle This Sussex Best Bitter is bittersweet, fruity, round and thirst quenching. Vegan. Allergens: Gluten from barley
22. Allsopps – IPA 5% Sheffield Brewing restarted in 2021 after a 62 year gap. A classic IPA with grass and spicy notes and a hint of caramel before a dry, lingering finish. Allergens: Gluten from barley.
23. Arbor – Mosaic 4% Bristol A pale ale with bold floral and tropical fruit flavours and aromas. Allergens: Gluten Free
24. Brolly – Popsicle 3.8% Wisborough Green, LocAle El Dorado, Simcoe & Sabro hops bring big tropical flavours. Hazy and super-easy drinking, available in cask for the first time. Vegan. Allergens: Gluten from barley, oats and wheat. Sponsored by the Engine Room in East Grinstead.
25. Burnt Mill – Beyond the Firs 4.8% Ipswich An American pale ale. Allergens: Gluten from barley, oats and wheat
26. Chapeau – Echelon 4.5% Horsham, LocAle Full bodied cloudy wheat beer made with fresh raspberries. Allergens: Gluten from barley and wheat
27. Chiltern – Chiltern Pale 3.7% Aylesbury A light, quaffing ale with a creamy smoothness and a refreshing, cleansing finish. Allergens: Gluten from barley and wheat
28. Dark Star – Orbiter 4% Partridge Green LocAle A modern best bitter, with American as well as British hops. Rich malt character with a full on citrus hoppiness. Allergens: Gluten from barley and wheat
29. Dark Star – Revelation 5.7% Partridge Green LocAle A blend of Columbus, Chinook, Cascade, Crystal and Warrior aroma hops by the sack full - then dry hopped during conditioning. Allergens: Gluten from Barley
30. Firebird – Parody 4.5% Rudgwick, LocAle The big malt base of this amber ale acts as a great foundation to a storm of modern and traditional hops yielding powerful bitterness, huge aroma and a long satisfying finish. Allergens: Gluten Free
31. Good Chemistry – Extra Special 5.6% Bristol An Extra Special Bitter, using a combination of seven different malts to create a rich, dark and complex classic English beer. Vegan. Allergens: Gluten from barley
32. Gun – Chummy Bluster 4.4% Hailsham LocAle A gentle, fruity, well rounded Sussex best bitter. Vegan. Allergens: Gluten Free
33. Gun – Zamzama IPA 6.5% Hailsham LocAle A modern-style IPA, where a rounded malt body meets an avalanche of hops. Mango, lychee, grapefruit. Love hops? Drink me! Vegan. Allergens: Gluten from barley and wheat
34. Hammerton – N7 5.2% London A refreshing and bold India Pale Ale with seven different hops from the US and New Zealand giving complex citrus aroma. Allergens: Gluten from barley, oats and wheat
35. Hand Brew – Bird Bitter 4.2% Worthing LocAle A Sussex best bitter, with comforting biscuity and caramel malts and notes of bitter marmalade. Allergens: Gluten from barley.
36. Horsham – Dirty Denne 4.2% Horsham LocAle A session IPA with apricot and peach flavours followed by a well-balanced bitter note holding on the palette until the finish. Vegan. Allergens: Gluten
37. Iron Pier – Perry St Pale 3.7% Gravesend A session pale, brewed with Amarillo, Centennial and Simcoe hops, with an up front hit of orange rind and grapefruit in the finish. Allergens: Gluten from wheat and barley
38. Kissingate – Nooksack 5% Lower Beeding LocAle A rich flavoured APA with sweet malt character giving way to mango, lemon, grapefruit and pine bitterness derived from a blend of Falconers' Flight and Williamette hops. Allergens: Gluten from wheat and barley.
39. London Beer Lab – Mosaic & Ekuanot Pale 5% Lambeth A summer pale ale full of tangerine. Allergens: Gluten from barley
40. New Bristol – My Mosaic Romance 4.5% Bristol Our Mosaic hop-centric brew detonates on the palate with a brilliant array of tropical fruit, grapefruit blossom, mandarin orange and blueberries. Vegan. Allergens: Gluten from barley and wheat
41. Quantock – Wills Neck 4.7% Somerset A late hopped golden ale with chinook and cascade hops, with tonnes of aroma and flavour. Allergens: To be advised
42. Roosters – Roots, Rock, Reggae 6.4% Harrogate Brewed with the addition of fresh pineapple and grapefruit, this IPA packs a fruity punch. Vegan. Allergens: Gluten from barley and wheat
43. Salopian – Honest Words 5.9% Shropshire A bursting IPA with crisp fruit following an intense aroma of mango and lemon chased by a forthright bitter finish. Vegan. Allergens: Gluten from barley and wheat
44. Titsey – Gresham Hopper 3.7% Titsey, LocAle An English pale ale with refreshing bitterness, ample citrus, pine and tropical fruit aroma and a kick to finish. Allergens: Gluten from barley, oats and wheat
44. Titsey – Jester 3.7% Titsey, LocAle A pale ale using only Jester hops to give New World fruitiness with citrus and tropical tones. Allergens: Gluten from barley and wheat
46. Wild Beer – Bibble 4.2% Somerset Bibble means “to drink loudly, often and well”. A session pale ale packed full of hop aromas. Vegan. Allergens: Gluten from barley and oats.
51. Bestens – Fast Hands 6.5% Lower Beeding, LocAle A one-two combo of Citra and Mosaic hits hard with soft fruit flavours and a balanced low bitterness in this NEIPA. Vegan. Allergens: Gluten from barley
52. Brew by Numbers – Organic Lager 5.2% Bermondsey This, their beer number 30, is a rustic-style lager brewed with organic extra pale malt, wheat and Opal and Tradition hops. A clean, floral and herbal aroma and a spicy finish. Allergens: Gluten from barley and wheat.
53. Brolly – Coco de Moo 7.4% Wisborough Green, LocAle A pastry porter, with lush amounts of roasted cocoa nibs, roasted coconut and cold brew coffee. Rich, smooth and decadent. Vegan. Allergens: Gluten from barley, coconut, cocoa nibs, coffee.
54. Horsham – Ale Be Back 4.2% Horsham, LocAle Brewed by the Horsham Homebrew club in collaboration with Horsham Brewing Co, this is a Californian Common style beer, with a moderately rich malty character and dry finish with flavours of bread, caramel and slight graininess. Allergens: Gluten
55. Kernel – Pale 5.2% Bermondsey Dry and light bodied, hopped with Nelson Sauvin, Citra and Vic Secret giving tropical fruit flavours. Vegan. Allergens: Gluten from barley
56. Pentrich – Sunshine Thief 5.6% Derbyshire Hopped exclusively with Mosaic to give Juicy citrus and berry flavours at the fore with a gentle bitterness on the finish. Allergens: To be advised